Alpha Hydrae

Coding on the edge of the web...

Full-HTTPS Octopress Blog

I wanted this blog to be served over HTTPS for now, but I noticed that there was some HTTP content left after I set up the web server, which makes some browsers feel insecure.

The culprits were Twitter, Google Fonts and Google Search. This is the list of URLs I had to change to https://. There may be more if you use other features such as Delicious or Google Plus.

  • http://twitter.com/... in source/_includes/asides/twitter.html (two URLs)
  • http://platform.twitter.com/... in source/_includes/twitter_sharing.html (one URL)
  • http://fonts.googleapis.com/... in source/_includes/custom/head.html (two URLs)
  • http://google.com/... in the simple_search parameter of _config.yml (one URL)

Also don’t forget to have your url in _config.yml be HTTPS.

Comments